Every entrepreneur, whether it be web design or any other industry, comes to a point where you either persevere and keep going through tough times or give up and call it quits. I call this the “breaking point” and I want to help you get through it; especially if you haven’t already experienced it 🙂
So I’ve brought in an old friend, Ryan McClure, who is now a successful real estate agent here in Columbus Ohio and shares his experience with how he got through HIS breaking point when he left his cushy corporate job and started his entrepreneur journey.
Ryan shares with us 8 Tips on how he persevered through his breaking point which you can apply to your journey RIGHT NOW.
Here are the tips he emailed me after our first talk along with the times we chat about them in the interview:
- Fear and anxiety (10:33) – are caused by a lack of clarity and absence of a proven step by step action plan
- You must “Give” before you “Get” (26:54) – We are trained to “Get” something because we think we are entitled to it or to “Get” something immediately after we have “Given” something (working for wages). As an entrepreneur you must understand that you might not get anything after “Giving” and you must make peace with this fact.
- Laser Focus (34:08) – Get real intentional. Weed out things in my life that were just taking up my time but weren’t moving me forward.
- Positive Attitude (40:06) – You must learn to be positive no matter what. I had to surround myself with positive “like” minded people.
- Commit to continual improvement and be okay with change (42:18) – Set aside time for continual self betterment and training daily.
- Mindset (46:22) – Convince myself that nobody was going to help my client more than I was. This gave me conviction and authenticity when I talked with clients and they could feel that I was the best option for them. This eliminates the “salesy” feeling I had and the “salesy” vibe I was previously giving off.
- Sink the Ship (50:56) – If an army sailed across the ocean on ships to take over an enemies land and the commander of the army commanded for the ships to be burned once they arrived on shore…. Then guess what? The army is going to win each battle or die because there are no ships to retreat to. Do or Die
- Understand that if you build it, they will not come (55:11) – Contrary to the sang “Build it and they will come”, people don’t come. Lead generation is the most important task for any business because it provides income and pays the bills. Just building “it” isn’t good enough. You must become a marketing/lead generation master.
I’ll post his membership link when he has that up but in the meantime, you can find out more about Ryan via his Real Estate Agent Profile Page.
"Josh’s Web Design Business Course has been such a blessing as I transition from graphic design to web design. This info would have taken me YEARS to gather on my own. It has also given me the most important thing I need to get started working with clients – confidence. Josh is a natural at teaching – he explains everything in an easy to understand way, and makes learning enjoyable. I’m so glad I decided to take this course, it truly is the best investment I could have made as I start my web design business.”
“The course is exactly what I have come to expect from Josh – and more. Great content, patient and thorough approach – and no stone is left unturned. Josh will instruct you on everything you’d want to know and also will go over topics you never even thought of. He’s been there and made the mistakes (now you don’t have to) and had the successes (and now you can, too). This course is a MUST for anyone who wants to get serious about making web design into an actual business. Highly recommended!”