Hate sales? Join the club. Unless you’re the douchey used car salesmen type, chances are this is a topic you’re either not 100% comfortable in or just don’t enjoy. I totally understand but reality is, it’s super important to feel comfortable with how to sell because unless you have someone doing your sales, YOU have to sell.
Luckily, you don’t have to be a sleazy salesman type and it’s not something that has to be forced or dreaded. I’ve taken a very different approach to sales over the past decade and have sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in web design services and products without dreading it and without coming across like a total douche. I’ve put the most important lessons I’ve learned in selling websites into my top 10 tips.
Couple important notes:
- These are things that can be done in person, via video conference, by phone and in a lot of ways through email.
- Even if you’re an introvert or don’t have a big charismatic personality, you can apply each one of these.
- These tips can apply to any area of product or service you’re selling.
- From website redesigns, to website builds from scratch, to maintenance plans and SEO, etc.
Here are my top 10 Web Design Sales Tips:
- You gotta sell you
- Sell the experience
- Match and mirror personality
- Identify a keyword or phrase
- Put yourself in their shoes
- Share constructive criticism
- Share results, before and afters, etc
- Share ideas Give them a plan and vision
- Be you (be real and genuine)
- Show you care. And actually care.
- My previous video & eBook on My Top 6 Web Design Sales Tips
Episode presented by:
Use code WDBC75 for $75 OFF!
Learn how to build or level up your own successful web design business!
• Learn the ins and outs of building a 6-figure web design business
• Gain the freedom to work when, where and how you want
• Learn how to get better clients and raise your rates
"Josh’s Web Design Business Course has been such a blessing as I transition from graphic design to web design. This info would have taken me YEARS to gather on my own. It has also given me the most important thing I need to get started working with clients – confidence. Josh is a natural at teaching – he explains everything in an easy to understand way, and makes learning enjoyable. I’m so glad I decided to take this course, it truly is the best investment I could have made as I start my web design business.”
“The course is exactly what I have come to expect from Josh – and more. Great content, patient and thorough approach – and no stone is left unturned. Josh will instruct you on everything you’d want to know and also will go over topics you never even thought of. He’s been there and made the mistakes (now you don’t have to) and had the successes (and now you can, too). This course is a MUST for anyone who wants to get serious about making web design into an actual business. Highly recommended!”