Best Form Builder Plugins for WordPress
Choosing a form builder plugin for your WordPress site is an important decision. You want something reliable, flexible and customizable as it’s a tool that’s crucial to your web design toolbox. In this post, I go over my top 2 recommended form builders and provide some other options worth looking into as well!
1) Gravity Forms – this is a paid plugin but is great, reliable and very robust. It’s ideal for established web designers who need a form builder with an unlimited amount of integrations, customizations and plethora of add-ons.
- Very flexible and customizable
- Several integration options for Mailchimp, Stripe, etc
- Reliable and great customer support
- Little more pricey than other form builder options
- Unless you purchase a template, you have to style forms with CSS
- Form builder is on backend and not a live preview
2) Happy Forms – this is a FREE WordPress form plugin that is still fairly under the radar but is flexible, easy to build and you can style it without adding any custom CSS or code. Perfect solution if you have a need for a simple contact form that’s styled nicely in your site.
- Very flexible and mobile friendly
- Form is built in live preview via user friendly customizer
- You can build and style with ZERO coding
- Not as many integrations and configurations as some others (like Mailchimp, Stripe, etc)
- No conditional logic options (yet)
- Not as many field options as other paid plugins
As an additional option, many of my colleagues like and recommend Caldera Forms which I don’t have any experience with personally but I hear very good things.
Hope these form options help you in your web design journey!