Creating a Logo/Text Cutout Effect in Divi
Welcome to my first tutorial of 2019!
In this tutorial, I show you how to create a cutout effect with a logo or text in Divi. Effect is based off of this site (as of 1/29/19). So crank up some Limp Bizkit if you feeling like throwing back to 1999 and let’s get to it.
Here are the steps shown in the video: (note that the order of these steps doesn’t really matter)
- Create a regular section
- Insert a video or image background
- Create a single row
- Input image or text module then insert image (make sure image or text is set to Black)
- Add row background color
- Adjust row to full width and set gutter width to 1
- Adjust padding of section to 0
- Add padding to top and bottom of row
- You may want to add some padding to the the image or text module
- Set row screen blend mode to “Lighten” or “Screen”
Then you’re all set!
Links mentioned in the video:
Ready to take your web design journey to the next level? I want to help.
Whether it's understanding the technical side of web design like Wordpress and Divi, learning the ins and outs of design, SEO and conversion, following a proven path for web design processes and systems or help with building your web design business, I have a course for you. Click below to check out my suite of web design courses and find out which one will help you level up and help you quickly become a more valuable and confident web designer!