Make Your WordPress Website Fully HTTPS Secure (in 5 STEPS)
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to make your WordPress website fully HTTPS secure!
Having a website that shows as “secure” is a must these days. Not only from a security standpoint but also because of how it reflects on you, your website and your clients websites. Additionally, Google continues to favor sites that are HTTPS so it can make a huge impact in regards to SEO.
While there are many aspects at play, generally, I’ve found a few important factors to be in place to show a site as fully HTTPS secure.
Here are my 5 Steps to Make Sure Your WordPress Website is HTTPS Secure:
- Enable SSL Certificate via Your Host
- Install WordPress Securely with HTTPS
- Force HTTPS on-site via SiteGround’s Optimizer or a plugin like Really Simple SSL
- Update all image and media file paths manually or with Velvet Blues Plugin
- Double check all on-site file paths to make sure they’re HTTPS
Note: sometimes the first few steps will get you fully secure but if you do those and just can’t seem to get a fully secure connection, you’ll have steps 4 and 5 to help troubleshoot!
Got any other tricks up your sleeve that you know of? Feel free to comment below and let me know!