Josh’s Web Design Process Course
An in depth guide based off my proven, 50-step web design process for planning, building and launching a successful website design!
Who should take this course?
It’s for beginners and experienced web designers or DIYers alike. Perfect if:
You're just getting started in web design and have no idea how to successfully build and launch a website.
You design websites but have no process in place and find that every project ends up being a costly, disorganized mess.
You already have a process in place but you know it can be better and more efficient in saving you time and money.
20 videos covering the 5 phases below (including the 50 steps) in my web design process.
Total course time: 4hrs 10m (of video) accompanied by written posts.
Module 1 – Plan & Prepare
- Organize Folders & Files (12:26)
- Wireframe or Sketch Initial Design (06:57)
- Finalize CTA’s, Menu & Page Layout (07:08)
- Solidify Brand, Color & Styles (09:45)
Module 2 – Layout & Design
- Initial Setup – Domain, WordPress & Theme (13:21)
- Initial Settings – Logos & Theme Options (10:56)
- Typography, Fonts & Sizing (10:54)
- Initial Layout & Design (32:38)
Module 3 – Build & Develop
- Initial Review & Revisions (17:02)
- Page Build Out & SEO (16:45)
- Forms, Plugins & Add-ons (08:30)
- Create Templates & Global Settings (14:30)
Module 4 – Revise & Optimize
- Email & Form Testing (08:23)
- Responsive Optimization & Browser Testing (10:40)
- Finalize Content & SEO Settings (06:57)
- Final Revisions & Launch Preparations (07:16)
(Module 5 – Empower & Launch
- Client Training/Custom Dashboard (11:33)
- Backup, Cleanup & GO LIVE (13:10)
- Add site to Google Analytics & Search Console (15:13)
- Post Launch Cleanup (09:28)
Josh’s Web Design Process Checklist PDF Categorized Version
Josh’s Web Design Process Checklist PDF Numbered Version
My bare bones child theme & extras
(if the course is updated and added on to)
Do I have access to the full course when purchased?
Do I have lifetime access to the course?
Will the course be added on to?
Are there tests or quizzes?
Heck no. No quizzes, tests or any sort of academic feeling with this course. It’s really more of a training guide. If you’re like me, you hate tests and had enough of those in school ?
What format is the course in?
Each lesson will be in video walk-through format (like my tutorials) and accompanied by written posts. Vimeo does not support automatic captions or subtitles so those are not available which is one reason I accompany each video with written posts that cover what’s in the videos. Disclaimer: any teaser videos of the course footage on YouTube may display captions but that’s YouTube specific, again no captions or subtitles are available on the course videos currently.