Web Design Business Course
“Josh really lifts the lid on what goes into running a 6-figure web design business with a remote team and covers everything you need to know. I think this course is an absolute bargain.”
– Rob S. (UK)
“This course was really worth the investment. Currently I’m in the process of going freelance to full time and it helped prepare me and give me the confidence to get started.”
– Christian H. (Brazil)
Meet Your Guide
When I got into web design, I was just hoping to make enough money on the side to pay my bills and eventually decided to take my web design business full time. I’ve since then grown my business from a part-time side hustle ($12k in 2011) now to a full time, 6-figure freelance web design business with a growing, remote team.
When I started however, I didn’t have a guide; I learned the hard/time-consuming way by failing, fumbling through projects, keeping my rates too low, etc. I struggled to build my business for far too long which is why I’m so passionate about sharing what I’ve learned the hard way with you so you can build your business fast and effectively.
I’ve also invested in thousands of dollars of business coaching which is filtered down directly to you through this course, an in-depth training guide on how to build a 6-figure web design business (modeled after mine) which you can apply to build and grow your own successful, freelance web design business or agency!
This is a look at my actual growth chart since starting my web design business in 2011. I’ll be sharing real stats, actual numbers and showing you what I did from 2017-2018 which helped me make a massive jump in revenue.
Personally, I hate when teachers talk in hypothetics and are too general and vague about “business growth.” I want real numbers, specifics and to hear from someone who’s at my level. And that’s what you’ll get that in this course.
All lessons are videos accompanied by written posts, links and additional resources. The course contains 6 main modules with 30 lessons & 32 videos at 12.5 + total hours of video. Additional modules with extras, webinars etc TBD!
Module 1 - Preparing & Setting Up Your Business
How to practically prepare and set up your web design business for success:
- Preparing for Your Business (22:03)
- Freelancer or Entrepreneur? (24:19)
- Setting Up Your Business – technical & legal (12:38)
- Setting Up Your Tools – billing, invoicing, project management, etc (23:38)
- Solidifying Your Services (23:14)
Module 2 - Docs, Templates & Pages
The most important documents, templates, scripts, content and resources:
- Special & Hidden Website Pages (12:06)
- Questionnaires (30:11)
- Proposals (26:58)
- Contracts (17:57)
- Invoicing + Preview of my invoicing/proposal/contract process in 17hats (25:53)
Module 3 - Sales, Pricing & Getting Clients
An in-depth look at solidifying your pricing, how to sell, how to get clients, how to weed out the bad, etc:
- Pricing Pt 1: Pricing Rates, Models & Stuctures (33:36)
- Pricing Pt 2: Solidifying Your Pricing (28:55 + 3:08)
- Sales (38:42)
- Getting Clients (42:00)
- Funneling & Weeding Out (24:46)
Module 4 - Onboarding & Project Management
A look at how to onboard clients and effective strategies to avoid scope creep, hit deadlines and manage projects:
- Onboarding Clients & Getting Started (25:34)
- Collecting Content (31:53 + 12:16)
- Managing Projects (15:42)
- Managing (Multiple) Projects (20:25)
- Avoiding Scope Creep (16:46)
Module 5 - Revisions, Client Training & Off Boarding
A look at how to handle client feedback/revisions, effectively train/empower your clients and how to make clients for life:
- Previewing Your Designs (19:55)
- Handling Revisions/Feedback (16:46)
- Training & Empowering Clients (22:29)
- Off Boarding, Moving Forward & Wrapping Projects Up (18:21)
Module 6 - Growing Your Business
Learn how to promote your work, retain clients, add new revenue sources, raise your rates and get better clients to help grow your business:
- Promoting Your Work (27:26)
- Getting Testimonials & Reviews (25:35)
- Adding Recurring Revenue Streams (33:26)
- Getting Repeat Work (26:25)
- Raising Your Rates (30:00)
- Getting Better Clients (26:59)
Module 7 - Downloads & Resources
Resources and implementation tools that you can apply to your business immediately:
- Client Roadmap Checklist (32:49)
- Josh’s Business Divi Child Theme
- Course Links & Additional Resources
Module 8 - Webinars & Additional Training
These are the current additional trainings to come once course is launched and will be a training followed by a Q&A then archieved in the course:
- How I landed my first 15K project
- What I learned and steps to go from $12k to 6-figures per year
- Keeping balanced and profitable as a one-man shop
- Going from “me” to “we” – scaling your business
- Building a remote team
If your business is already set up and you have things like proposals, invoices, questionnaires, etc in place, that’s ok! This course is still for you and will be well worth the investment. In fact, many of those items can (and should be) refined often. You can take what you learn in this course/what has worked or me over the years to help refine the documents you already have in place.
Included when you join:
This is just an example of a recent student I sent one of my sales scripts to who used it to help land a $3,500 project after the client was questioning anything over the $500-$1,000 range.
When you join the course, you’ll get access to my scripts and sales templates to use and apply to your business. This screenshot was taken from a Facebook Chat we had in July 2019.
Early Student Results
The course just launched but feedback and results are already coming in!
(taken from our private course Facebook Group)
Do I have access to all the lesson when purchased?
Do I have lifetime access to the course?
Will the course be added on to?
Are there tests or quizzes?
What format is the course in?
Each lesson will be in video walk-through format (like my tutorials) and accompanied by written posts. Vimeo does not support automatic captions or subtitles so those are not available which is one reason I accompany each video with written posts that cover what’s in the videos. Disclaimer: any teaser videos of the course footage on YouTube may display captions but that’s YouTube specific, again no captions or subtitles are available on the course videos currently.
Will the course ever close or expire?
This course contains information, methods and strategies that are mostly timeless so it will be up for a LONG TIME. As in years. It will be updated, added onto and any information that could potentially be outdated after a number of months or years will be revised.
SO, READY TO BUILD YOUR WEB DESIGN BUSINESS?
Let’s do it together! Join the course now and start your journey to:
• Learn the ins and outs of building a 6-figure web design business
• Earn your confidence to land better clients and make more
• Gain the freedom to work when and where you want